I have the good fortune of hearing about lots of jobs - and lots of job seekers - in the tech/startup community in Iowa. Most people ask if I know anyone with "X skill" or that codes in "Y language" and while I know a lot of people, I think a weekly jobs post is probably more efficient in getting the world out.
The details: I'll start with two categories, Paid and Equity. The former are standard jobs where someone is looking to hire someone else. This can be salaried or contract. The latter is where someone is probably the case of someone looking for a (technical) co-founder with a certain skill set.
The post will typically run on Wednesdays.
To be eligible, the job must be in tech of an associated field (like design), be based in Iowa or working for an Iowa company and be offered directly by the company (not a recruiter). Welch Avenue reserves the right to not post a job for any reason.
The cost: $0 (that's free) for a basic listing. Highlighted listings are $50 for the first week and $25 for additional weeks.
Example - highlighted jobs postings
Software Developer at Dwolla
Do you like to build things? We are looking for a software builder to join our team in Des Moines. When you’re helping build Dwolla, taking pride in your work is not negotiable. You should be a strong developer with a desire to learn and grow a software product.
Apply at jobscore.com
Example - free job postings
- Client Service Representative at Granular (Des Moines) - We are seeking an excellent service oriented individual with attention to detail and first class communication skills. Apply at jobscore.com
- District Sales Manager at Granular (Des Moines) - You will be responsible for selling, onboarding and supporting large (10K acre+) row crop producers in your geographic territory. Apply at jobscore.com
- Front End Web Development Internship at Principal (Des Moines) - Work with real technology projects and a great business team and get training to make a real contribution today and for your future. Apply at principal.com
- HTML and CSS Developer at The Meyocks Group (West Des Moines) - In this entry-level digital media developer role, you would focus on front-end web development and user experience design in order to help round out an existing team of digital professionals. Apply at linkedin.com
- QA Engineer at Dwolla (Des Moines) - Do you like to build things? We are looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer to join our team in Des Moines. Apply at jobscore.com
Photo Credit: picjumbo.com