State your name and purpose
Steve Sherlock—and purpose is to try new shit out and see what sticks.
What are 5 things we should know about you?
- I'm an Irish born, Australian, normally living in Berlin, who arrived in Iowa via a wrong turn at Albuquerque
- I seriously love the bike trails around Des Moines
- I speak German (dumb Kopf) and Spanish (ojala)
- I have two sons, 23 and 21 year olds, who live in Australia (that's where I go during your winter!)
- I rather treat people that way 'they would like' to be treated, than the way 'I would like' to be treated.
Tell us about Pablow.
- Our mission is the rid the world of suffering, in relation to travel insurance.
- To achieve that we working on a data analytics platform that precisely matches coverage to a traveler's individual profile, in real-time and context.
- Our first product launch will be in the vacation rental space, imminently!
- Pablow is my 5th startup. Two successfully sold, the third is a financial disaster with a silver lining, fourth back in the game, which Pablow spun out of and is funded by.
- DECARRT is our cultural acronym: Daring, Enjoyable, Considerate, Accountable, Reasonable, Responsible, Transparent.
What inspires you?
I'm inspired by diversity in the world, and what's possible when humans collaborate.
What drew you to Gravitate?
After finishing up at the Global Insurance Accelerator, I used to drop in every now and then last year. (I left for the winter)
This year I'm squatting in another member's office—and four months in, they seem to have given up hope that I'd leave.
This is where things get weird:
What movie—no matter how many times you've seen it—do you HAVE to watch when it's on?
The Matrix (any one)
Who is your favorite fictional character?
Sherlock Holmes (only joking he's not fictional)
A penguin walks into Gravitate wearing a sombrero. What does he say and why is he there?
He oído que usted tiene una nevera? (he found the listing on CouchSurfing)
What do you want to be when you grow up?
Hopefully that never happens.... (growing up that is)
Would you rather...only be able to listen to Nickelback songs OR Reread all 56 pages of iTunes' terms and conditions, every day for the rest of your life?
What meme best describes you?
- You see, I would date you. But the way my Yoga schedule is setup....
- One does not simply, resist bacon.
- and this one —>
PHOTO CREDIT: All photos courtesy of Steve Sherlock