Every Wednesday Geoff publishes "The Pull", a digest of the top news for the Iowa innovation community that week. The following is the introduction to Issue #154.
Things have been coming together extremely fast in the last week for Paul Singh's Iowa Tech Tour (remember to click the Count Me In! button to get direct updates).
First of all, tremendous thanks to the folks who reached out to me after last week's announcement to help cover the final costs of bring Paul to Iowa for the week: Twilio and Square One DSM. With the support of these two organizations and the aforementioned Next Level Ventures, Iowa Venture Capital Association, Davis Brown Law Firm, NewBoCo and BrownWinick—Attorneys at Law we're in great shape for this series of events.
The online schedule will start to update very soon but for now I can let you in a few of the events that we have confirmed (events are in Des Moines unless otherwise noted):
Monday, July 18
Tuesday, July 19
- Greater Des Moines Startup Community Annual Town Hall (Thanks to event sponsor: UI JPEC)
Wednesday, July 20
- 1 Million Cups—Des Moines (Paul Singh to be the speaker)
- Full Time Founders Meetup (Thanks to event sponsor: Men's Style Lab)
Thursday, July 21
- Pancakes with Paul breakfast meetup in Cedar Rapids (Thanks to event sponsor NewBoCo)
- Eastern Iowa Angel Investor Meetup in Cedar Rapids (Thanks to event sponsor NewBoCo)
Friday, July 22
- Startup Ames lunch meetup (Paul Singh to be the speaker)
Gravitate is hosting free/open coworking from 9 AM-5 PM every day of the tour so if you're traveling into Des Moines to participate and need a place to land or just need a spot to get some work down in between events, we have you covered.
Several more events to come! We'll announce them at the Iowa Tech Tour website as they're finalized.