Gravitate is the host location in Central Iowa for the Small Business Administration's (SBA) InnovateHER Challenge, a program established to help promote and female and family-focused companies.
Any business is eligible to apply (not just companies founded by women) and the winning company will be evaluated based on its:
- Measurable impact on the lives of women and families
- Potential for commercialization
- Ability to fill a need in the marketplace
Our Des Moines location winner will be submitted to the national competition. Ten local winners from around the country will be chosen by the SBA to pitch live in the national competition in Washington, DC on March 17, 2016 for a total of $70,000 in prize money.
Pitches will begin at 6 PM on Monday, November 16 in the Google Bullpen at Gravitate (206 6th Avenue, 3rd Floor in downtown Des Moines).
There will be four InnovateHER Challenges across the state of Iowa during Global Entrepreneurship Week (November 16-22).
Other challenge locations/dates:
- Tuesday, November 17: Quad Cities Chamber of Commerce in Davenport, starting at 6 p.m
- Wednesday, November 18: Iowa Western Community College in Council Bluffs, starting at 4 p.m.
- Wednesday, November 18: Iowa Startup Accelerator in Cedar Rapids, starting at 5 p.m.